Wednesday 15 April 2009

What to do??

I am so annoyed with myself and things in general right now. I am not complaining, as such, about this ... but two nights ago I tried on this gorgeous David Lawrence silk dress I'd bought, about two months ago, thinking I'd wear it to the races on Anzac Day and ... it's too big! OMFG. I can never trust the scale at home as it's pretty dodgy, but I reckon I've dropped and kept off a good 5kg. Now I have a dress, that I love, that looks awful as it no longer sits nicely and just looks wrong!

If that were the end of it I would be fine, but similar story with a pair of jeans I bought about a month ago, and now I'm pulling some of my winter stuff from last year out and finding most of it is too big! To the point where I decided to wear one of the skirts yesterday, only to discover it was making a bid for the floor by lunchtime - sitting on my hips instead of my waist. ARGH.

I hate shopping, there are so many other things I'd rather do, but now I NEED to go shopping. I literally do not have clothes to wear once the weather gets colder.

Some of it will sell on ebay, but that David Lawrence dress ... I don't know, I love it too much! Booooo.

I remember when I was first losing weight I refused to buy new clothes for months and months, wanting to wait until I was "finished" ... now I feel like I need to do similar. Although will never be finished. Too many half-maras to train for this year. Have less than a month between the SMH half-mara and training begins for the Blackmores half! God help my legs.

In other news, hands are recovering nicely from my stack on Saturday. Knee is still spectacularly bruised, and I have bruises on my hands! The heels of my hands! Quite impressive, and explains why it hurt so much to do push ups at the gym on Monday - ended up having to do them on my fists. Which is quite an interesting experience.

2 comments:

emharvie said...

I'm going through exactly the same thing! Can you get the dress altered to fit?

Pitchies said...

I could ... but I worry about ruining the dress. YOU are going great guns! Good luck with your surgery.