Thursday 16 April 2009

Super hard running

I am suffering soooo badly from my antics yesterday. Did 45min lunchtime Pump. Fooooool. I had running training in the evening, counting down four weeks to the half-mara. The session was literally harder than any I've done ... in terms of running. It was 24 laps of an AFL oval/field (apparently about 440m), alternating between a lap jogging for 100m, sprinting for 100m, jogging for 100m, sprinting for 100m followed by one lap jogging at medium pace. Our aim was to finish each one in the same time as the last. OMFG. This was AFTER a four lap warm up and then at least 30 mins of intense core work, including a 3minute plank challenge (which I killed, Booyah!)

Didn't finish until 9pm (started 7pm). Last night everything hurt ... everything! Quads and hamstrings particularly. Had two scrambled eggs and one piece of Burgen toast for dinner, was literally all I could manage before falling into the shower and slumping in bed. Wore my Skins, which are supposed to stimulate blood flow and recovery or something. Wasn't TOO sore this morning, but my neck is a bit stiff (I felt myself tensing up in the last few laps) and my right Achilles is twinging every now and then. Rest day today, and tomorrow will do arvo Bikram. Saturday's run is 18km. Yikes. Hope I recover for it.

Have decided no more Pump on Wednesdays, it's too hard to back up for running. And it's only for a few more weeks. Eeek! I cannot believe how quick the year is going, and how quick the race is coming up. Saturday I'm going to finally spend my Rebel sport voucher my friends gave me for my b'day last year, going to pick some race day pants and get some more Thorlos - the best socks EVER for a sweat hog like me.

Not much other news ... except I am still knackered today and have been soooo hungry. But have managed to survive with some extra fruit and cups of tea. Last night's session was a great fat burner, so looking forward to some results please.

No comments: