Saturday 11 April 2009

Oh, I fell!

It should not be a familiar story ... but it is! Stacked in less than 1km into today's 16km training run. Running up one of the big hills, thinking about pace/breathing/body position etc and did not see or appreciate how uneven the footpath was at one particular point. Felt my foot hit the uneven edge and before I had time to stop myself ... splat. Foolishly - but naturally - put my hands out to stop myself, now have several huge chunks/grazes out of my hands, banged one knee painfully on the footpath and now have a rather large, purple and red looking lump. Thankfully was wearing 3/4 pants so did not graze it too badly. Argh.

On the plus side, the adrenalin from the fall kept me going for a good couple of kms! Of course I kept running, ignoring the blood on my hands and strips of skin hanging off. Totally gross I know. Ran 16km in 1hr 37mins, but the last km nearly KILLED me despite taking extra hit of gel. How disgusting is that stuff? It really is putrid. Not the taste, but the texture. Like a big blob of congealed ... um, something. Plus is really quite sweet and sticky ... but does the trick, instantly felt energy come into the legs.

Topped off an absolute RUBBISH week in my life. They say bad things happen in threes ... I think I've had three and a half. Monday evening I locked myself out on the balcony of my first floor apartment, was cleaning it and didn't want dust etc to go into the newly cleaned flat, slid the door home a little hard but obviously didn't realise I was locked out until I went to go back inside. Bugger! Spent about five minutes contemplating whether I could swing myself over the edge of and drop down (about two metres) to the ground without breaking my ankle ... thankfully didn't have to test that theory as one of my neighbours wandered up the street and saw me looking around in what I imagine was a rather frantic manner. He came up and asked me if I was alright, admitted I was locked out ... he laughed, naturally, and got a ladder and helped me down. I am NOT good with heights, especially doing things at heights like climbing onto the balcony ledge and trying to get my foot on a ladder rung that was, what, four inches by 15 or so? Oh well, I did it. Lovely neighbour then let me back into the building, scary bit was when I asked him to call me a locksmith. He asked what type of lock I had on the door, explained it, and he whips out his Video Ezy card ... had the door open in less than 30 seconds.

So very comforting to know my door can be broken into so easily. I was so relieved at the time I didn't think about it too much and am still trying not to think about the implications too much. That was incident #1.

Incident #2 was getting a flat tyre on the way home from work on Thursday. Had 1001 things to do ahead of my "Super Friday" Good Friday BBQ, least of all was to pick up the 2kg of prawns I had ordered, bread rolls and whatnot. Called trusty NRMA who told me they were at least an hour away. Righto, changed it myself with traffic whizzing by at an alarming rate. What was even more alarming/upsetting was the amount of angry honks I got. What the HELL did these drivers expect me to do? Go faster? Worst offender was a silver service taxi that got stuck behind me and sat there honking and waving his arms at me in an agitated state. I totally realise how frustrating it must have been to be him, but it was hardly my fault. God, changing tyres is HARD. Well, not too bad ... but it took me several goes to lift the new tyre onto the bolt-thingies. Tyres are heavy! Had to line the holes in the wheel up with the bolts and then slide the wheel on. Would've been fine if I hadn't done Pump at lunch. Argh. Anyway, I did it. Got the prawns etc and then sat at home with a glass of wine, aching arms and feeling just a tad sorry for myself.

Incident #3 must be today's running stack. Hands and knee are really very painful, have wrenched my left shoulder and it's also aching.

Oh well, must mean I've got the bad stuff out of the way for a while? Please???

SHOULD be going out tonight, but I'm just knackered and sore ... and really need some "me" time, just watching rubbish TV or DVDs, reading and going to bed super early. Had very busy and stressful week at work and found myself awake after midnight most nights, with the 5am alarm bzzzz drawing closer. One morning woke up at 4am, bright and alert, and went for a run. Didn't get home until 9.30pm due to some last-minute filming work I had to do.

Anyhoo, the half-marathon is only five weeks away. That means five weeks of crystal clear living, minimal booze, low-carbs (smart carbs too), lots of fruit and veg and sleep! Must get more sleep. It WAS a New Years resolution afterall.

Urgh, some trouble with my ex of nearly a year too. He's decided he wants to give it another go. Hah, no way, mate, am I going back for round three of being made to feel miserable and unattractive. His tactics have included practically begging, to accusing me of not giving "us" a chance, to accusing me of not knowing what I've thrown away ... claiming we had something special. I'm SURE it was special for him, I did everything for him and looked after him and he did NOTHING for me. Literally nothing. Except reject me physically, emotionally and in every other way ... plus put me down and criticise my every fault. We all have faults, but do we need to have them pointed out to us on a constant basis by someone who randomly says they love us? NO.

Have gone into radio silence ... or at least, am ignoring anything I now get from him. Jerk.

Anyhoo, two more days of the long weekend - whoo hooooo!

No comments: