Sunday 5 April 2009

Exhaustion and beyond

Oh. Dear. God. My body is BROKEN. Mixture of good, bad and ugleeee are the contributing factors. Friday - 20 mins of interval training on the treadmill, 2 min warm-up at 6min/km then 2 mins @ 5 min/km and - eeeek - 2 min at 4.30min/km x 8 or so. Plus 20 mins of weights - mainly lunges with bicep curls (5kg each hand), tricep extentions with 12.5kg weight, shoulder work etc etc. Saturday was 12km run, done in 71mins, extreme hill factor. Afternoon was Bikram, then in the evening went to a party in Surry Hills that was soooo boring I was required to drink about 6 G&Ts to survive it.

Got home at about 1.30am and due to my bodyclock I still woke up at 5.30am ... which was actually 4.30am due to daylight savings ending!!! Gaaah. Lay in bed for about an hour trying to sleep/reading and finally got up at 6.30am to do some stuff. After much deliberation about whether my legs could take it, I did Pump at 10.30am. Phew, legs were totally screwed so took it easy on them and upped the weights on the upper body tracks. So now everything hurts! Nice and even.

Drove over to the other side of the city to pick up a small table and chairs from an Ebayer, managed to pack them all into the Corolla - mightly AZJ!!! And then had somewhat harrowing drive back with limited vision out the back window. Survived it, however.

Now it's 6.15pm and I'm wondering how long I have to wait until I go to bed and what I should have for dinner ... or if I can even be bothered to have dinner. Soooo tired.

And it all starts again tomorrow. Although ... having the arvo off gym and running tomorrow (actually, will prob do short 3o min light run) to do some serious cleaning ahead of my Good Friday non-meat BBQ. Not that I'm religious, but it's a good excuse to eat prawns and smoked salmon! Oooh, and Tuesday have a hot date ... outfit selection begins NOW.

No comments: