Tuesday 28 October 2008

Team Sports

Last night I played "touch AFL" with my new team the Rushed Behinds. A few players from last season's team joined them because we didn't have enough. Anyway, it was so utterly shite. The guys never pass to the girls, even when we're in a better field position than the guys. When they DO kick it to us, it's generally out of desperation so it's a horrible pass and we inevitable miss or fumble it to their disgust.

I was in defence, marking this girl who barely moved. I was so, so bored ... I was basically standing still for 40 minutes with some occasional bursts of running. But I didn't even raise a sweat, despite it being over 30 degrees. It's at least a half-an-hour drive to the grounds from my place, plus 40 minutes of "play" and I really didn't like it. Would rather be running/at the gym on my Monday nights than standing around getting hayfever and itchy legs from the grass. So, am going to talk to one of my original teammates today but I don't think I'll play anymore. Monday nights are gold at the gym, and I hate missing out on Pump.

Hurrah for the warm weather though, meant that by the time I got home at 8pm I still wasn't hungry, and happily munched on some celery to get me through. No tea, no biscuits, no snacking! Champion.

Trying not to think about my holiday ... two and a bit weeks to go. Well, nearly three weeks really ... but considering I haven't had a holiday for far too long to mention (over two years) I am long overdue. Just want to have a nice break from life and get some perspective.

Oh, and sleep in past 5am.

No comments: