Saturday 18 October 2008

Name change and new commitments

Ha ha! I'd forgotten all about my blog.

To make a quick recap on events! I did do the City 2 Surf last year! Hurrah. And finished in about 89 mins or so, which I was happy with at the time.

Unfortunately the slide of non-activity continued post-City2Surf with me losing interest in a whole lot of things, breaking up with D and spending a good month or so heartbroken and miserable. Christmas and New Year were mixed, but whatever - I survived. Got back together with D for a while but it was just never ... going ... to ... work. So in June I decided it was time to get myself back on track and I signed up to run a half-marathon with Can Too. And ... I did it! 21.1km in 1:59:51.

Can Too are an awesome organisation who train people for various events (running and swimming) in return for the participants raising $$ for their cause, a brilliant cause at that. Can Too raise $$ for Cure Cancer, who provide grants to cancer research scientists. $75,000 is enough for one scientist for one year, to move closer to a cure for cancer.

Anyway, still single, still running ... although at this very point in time probably not as much as I should ...

It's now been two years and nine months since I had a holiday. In that time I've had three jobs, a torrid break-up, my car was set on fire and no comprehensive insurance due to a missed payment and the usual gamut of things that happen in life. I have just hit the wall physically and emotionally, I'm exhausted. I've got the last two weeks of November off and I'm calling it my detox, de-stress and super-fit holiday. Just going to dear old Jervis Bay, will run on the beach, go swimming, go to the gym, read books, sleep lots, eat super healthy and basically chill out.

I want to emerge my old positive self again, instead of this exhausted sometimes miserable lump I've become.

It's not so bad ... I'm probably just on a low right now as I'm at the end of a loooong week at work, and counting down big time to the holiday.

No comments: