Wednesday 29 October 2008

Running in the rain

I don't know why I do it to myself. Running in the rain. I hate it! Shoes get heavy - running coach says they can weigh over 500g each when soaked - clothes get heavy and cling, and rain comes in at face and is sooo annoying. But this morning I did it any. Clever! Rain was very light when I woke up and I thought "harden up, do it anyway", so I did. It was annoying drizzle, didn't really make anything saturated, but made me very uncomfortable and the 30 minute run very unpleasant. Grrr. I hate running on a treadmill, but on days like this must remember to just stay inside. Although, did feel very heroic when I finished the run ... just sodden and cranky, with a nice new rub under one arm. Charming.

Have just had my first appointment with my nutritionist. She is awesome. And - hurrah - she told me that my diet is basically fantastic, but she can see some areas of improvement. Well, good - that's what I'm paying her for! Have another appointment next week where she will give me my actual diet plan. Today was just background stuff, and I had to get on the scales! Eeek. First time on accurate scales for a while. Figures were actually pretty good - have kept things at the same level at least, and now aiming to lose 8kg or so, but would LOVE to get to 55kg. Just don't think it will happen though - I put on muscle far too easily. Which is good! Just means I will never be a greyhound.

My uncle came over yesterday to give me my birthday present, and it's fantastic. 1000 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets. They're soooo nice. Want to put them on the bed NOW, but prefer to wash them first and hell-o, it's raining. We had a great chat about everything, I mean everything. We even talked about him getting called up to go to Vietnam and being exempt because he had a spinal operation, and his friends who returned changed men - half of whom died of heroin overdoses! Argh. But anyway, it was fabulous. I am making a serious commitment to see him and my aunt much more. They only live up the road for god's sake.

Anyhoo, day off today. Think it will just be a quiet one as I'm sooo tired. Cleaning is done ... well, it is done enough for now. I'm sure I could go super gungho and do it all over again, but it's really above the usual standards.

Have been going through a whole heap of other people's blogs, to kill some time at work at whatever else. Envious of the way some people can narrate their lives! For me it's just a brain dump, if I write it all down I can stop thinking about it!

No comments: