Friday 31 October 2008

Damn it's hot in here...

Phew, did Bikram last night in preparation for the Can Too dinner at one of the girl's husband's VERY nice Italian restaurant in Balmain. The food was completely amazing and delicious, but more on that later.

I love Bikram. I love the heat, the sweat and the super stretching, flexing and strengthening benefits. Oh yeah! Yesterday arvo, however, I struggled. Not with the postures, with the heat and humidity. I felt like my body was on fire and several times had to stand still to avoid fainting, and even sat down a few times - unheard of! I wasn't alone, and I definitely wasn't the worst off - several people had to go outside for fresh air. Anyway, I got through the 90 minutes but was annoyed that I hadn't been able to do all the postures as I was trying not to faint, vomit or both. The instructors are always saying that you should leave "your practice" in the room and every class is it's own challenge, you should not compare previous classes because every day is different etc. So, I am trying to do that ... but it's very hard not to wish I'd held bow pose for 10 seconds longer, or done the full lot of triangle poses etc.

Can Too dinner was a food orgy. Amazing pizzas, the best I've ever had - even in comparison to the ones I had IN Italy. The crust was light and chewy, not too much cheese - ohh heavenly. I had three small pieces. For main I had the blue eye cod, which had a tomato-chilli broth plus some mussels. Mmm, delish. I was so utterly stuffed that I had to skip dessert, but got a hot chocolate for good measure. I would go to this restaurant JUST for the hot chocolate, it was soooo amazing, like a cup of melted chocolate but not as rich. Thick and delish! Only problem was I didn't get home until midnight, making the damn 5am alarm so very unwelcome. But oh well.

Had faaaabulous conversations with some of the girls about weight loss, weight training and the like and going to try to organise a session once a week with one of them who is my training idol. Feel completely inspired about training at the moment, despite being damn tired. This arvo going to do 40 mins of cardio or so plus 45min Pump, and tomorrow morning doing 10km race and will also get to the gym or Bikram.

Weirdness on the D front ... it's still a watch this space situation.

No comments: