Friday 24 October 2008

Burning

Calories that is!
I'm not a counter ... not really, vague estimates are fine. In terms of food and exercise, I just don't have the discipline or inclination to calculate the differences too finely. So long as I eat healthy and avoid the treats, I'm happy to do it this way.

At the moment I'm being a bit more regimented ... well, I say at the moment, but I mean the last three days, and using Calorie King to work out how I'm doing. Pretty good so far. Although I still seem to always go over on the carbs. Must get that under control.

Anyhoo, the point - if I ever get to it - of this post was some encouraging figures I've uncovered about how many calories various exercises burn. Eg: Bikram Yoga (90mins) = 1050! Phew, I knew it was a lot ... judging by the pools of sweat, but THAT is amazing. Running for 60 mins @ 5.50m/km (usual pace) = 677. Pump class (60 mins) = 600 - 800 depending on intensity. Noooice figures.

More motivation! Time to get my butt movin'.

No comments: