Sunday 4 January 2009

The Plan!

Oh lord, the last four days have been mad, crazy days. Despite being incredibly exhausting, they were extremely refreshing, re-invigorating and life affirming. Some other time I will go into more detail about them.

I don't believe in New Years resolutions because then I feel compelled to stick to something out of duty rather than because I want to. Having said that, I have made some very vague and loose ones!

1. Figure out what I want to do. Have been tossing up 1001 ideas of what the future work-wise will hold for me, or what I want it to hold. Really time to stop faffing about and find my real career. Be it teaching or something else.

2. Don't buy any clothes for six months! Argh. My reasoning is essentially that I do not NEED any new clothes, I have everything I need for any occasion for at least six months. Underwear is not included as I need at least two new bras (black and white) and haven't restricted myself on running gear as will need at least one new pair of running pants and a pair or two of socks. Made the decision on this one after realising that my clothes - once all washed and not in the ironing basket - do not FIT in the wardrobe or large chest of drawers that I have!! No person needs that many clothes, especially when they only wear 10% of it!

Um, that's really it beyond making 2009 better than 2008, which really wouldn't be too hard.

New plan starts tomorrow. I want to lose at least 3kg before training for the next half-marathon starts. Not doing anything drastic, just going to eat much less processed stuff and stick essentially to fruit, salad and vegies and not eat too much meat. Plus do Bikram three times a week, run three times (two 30 min and one 1hr plus), and do Pump at least three times. After running training starts again things will have to be rejigged around the running schedule, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it in a month.

Anyway, that's all for now. Need to eat nice light dinner and get to bed by 8.30pm ... really need some serious recovery sleep!

No comments: