Tuesday 13 January 2009

No more driving

Gaaaah! I am SO sick of my car and driving. I have now done nearly 2,000km in just over two weeks and that is ENOUGH. Urgh.

A stellar weekend of activity though. Arrived on the coast on Thursday night in foul and tired mood owing to stupid drivers doing stupid things and nearly driving off the road avoiding one of them, then nearly hitting another bloody kangaroo. Get out of the way you silly things. Went to bed early after realising I was being a grumpy cow to my lovely parents and brother.

Friday I got up early-ish and went for a good 9km/50min or so then dragged my bro and mum to Pump for their first times! My mum was an inspiration and she stuck to it the whole way through ... although god her technique was shockin', ha ha - but I'm sure mine was my first class too.
My bro was funny though, he may be a buff army stud but he ain't so tough when it comes to doing five minutes of squats. He said he'd do whatever weight I did, so he loaded up 10km on either side. Hah, wrong! He was dying half-way through. Then he did the same for the chest, back, tri and biceps track and decided to go down to 2.5kg either side for the rest. The next day I dragged him out of bed at 8am (which is insanely early for him) for a 10km run and then, ha ha, just watched as he hobbled around like an old man for another two days. In fact, today - four days later - he said his chest is still sore. BodyPump 1, little brother 0.

30th birthday party I attended was bloody boring with bad mix of family and friends, a function room designed for 100 with a max of 40 people rattling around in it, baaaad bad DJ and not enough food. No highpoints really, although nearly died laughing (afterwards) when a hideous male friend of my friend - the birthday girl - TOTALLY hit on me. Don't think he associates me with the "fat chick" who he abused about four years ago for refusing to write an article about the appalling conditions Navy men have to endure. Anyway, he's foul anyway so there was no way anything was happening there.

Had Sunday off exercise beyond a walk to the shops for stir fry stuff, then back to it on Monday with a serious and severe Bikram session where the room was heated to 43C!!! I nearly died ... again! Today just did some cardio at the gym at lunch as tonight have flat inspection from friend/landlord and want to do supreme clean so he doesn't kick me out. Not that it's likely, but still. Need to stay there until I pay my car off and figure out what the hell I'm going to do with myself for the next few years.

No comments: