Friday 16 January 2009

Two slack days and a weekend of mad activity

Well, yesterday it was revoltingly hot in Sydney even at 6.30am when I attempted to go for a nice 10km run. I ran for 15 minutes before the overwhelming heat and humidity got to me, it was sooo hard to breathe and where I live there was no nice cool breeze to help me. I walked for about a minute to ease the throbbing in my head before jogging home for a shower and (gah - nanna) 15 minute lie down after drinking a good litre of water ... uh, maybe a touch less, but still. Was about 35 mins of running all up, but it sure felt like more.

Went to visit my bro at his new digs in gorgeous Clovelly and suffered from severe flat-envy. OMG, his place is soooo, so nice ... his kitchen is bigger than my parents' kitchen, and THAT is saying something. Bloody hell. We went out for breakfast which included a 15 minute walk there up some pretty gruesome slopes, and the same on the way home ... although slightly slower I must admit. I had fresh squeezed apple, carrot and celery juice and a piece of sourdough toast with ricotta, banana and strawberries ... with honey over the top. Mmm, so good! Honestly it was the best thing on the menu besides the fruit and yoghurt, and I'd already eaten a nectarine so I didn't want too much more fruit (baaaad side effects).

Raced home and then practically ran to the hairdressers where I made a spontaneous decision to chop three inches off my locks! Heh, spontaneous decision helped muchly by the heat - was sooo uncomfortable by the time I got there and I just felt the need to lighten up. Everyone loves it so far ... but I am still unconvinced. It's one of these "long bobs" ... it's quite slinky etc, or sassy as my friend described, but I'm not sure if I can pull it off. I've always gone more for the "cute" and "funny" look rather than slinky or sassy.

After walking home from the shops with some groceries for dinner I was pretty much stuffed and drank a huge amount of water before collapsing on the couch to watch Sex and the City for a while ... heh, well, sleeping in front of the TV with Sex and the City ON it.

Anyhoo - a slack day in terms of exercise. Today will be another slack one as I am meeting a friend for a drink or two directly after work ... wanted to skip lunch and leave an hour early and go to the gym for a quick workout, but now we have something that will keep us busy ALL night so I need to stay until 6pm. Big d'oh on that one.

I've just about come to terms with it all though and will go for a run tomorrow morning and then do arvo Pump before my girls' night out with a fab friend of mine. Hopefully that will relieve the guilt ...

No comments: