Monday 7 September 2009

Ahh Jeezus

Okay, the last few weeks have been insane. Pure insanity. Two main events have turned life upside down.

Firstly, I've been made redundant! Boo! Kinda. I was actually quite relieved as I was SICK of doing shift work and exhausted by working like a dog day in day out with people who were largely incompetent and disinterested. Nice payout etc so not so desperate. REALLY want to get a job in the next few weeks though as would like to save this money for my house fund. Had a few days of staggering around wondering WTF to do and then naturally got myself into gear. Several job interview so far and fingers crossed re: the VERY big fish (or company) that I've been trying to work at for about four years. This is as close as I'll ever get. Two interviews so far and now have to work on a product brief and then have final meeting with the big boss.

Secondly, my brother's girlfriend of four years ... well, I guess she broke up with him. In a rather indirect, hurtful and disrespectful way. She told him she was going to visit her parents in Canberra for the weekend ... and on the following Thursday called him from HAWAII to tell him she'd met and fallen in lust/love with some American Special Forces soldier. Obviously the fact he's American is besides the point, but I just like to fill in all the details. The worst thing was my brother had been going out of his mind with worry as he had not heard from her for four days. He felt like such a heel, worrying that she'd had an accident, ringing her friends and even tried to call her parents (who had NO idea where she was either) etc etc. And she was off in Hawaii shagging some idiot.

Argh. It just shattered my faith in people. I mean, I never loved this girl. She was extremely arrogant, unintelligent ... but in the way where she thought she knew everything and would argue with you when clearly she knew nothing about the subject and seemed to make up blatant lies/facts, and she was a very cold and calculating person, much more concerned about $$$ and outside appearances than personality. Oh, and extremely bad manners. Blah.

Anyway, I love my little bro. He is my good mate and an AMAZING guy - thoughtful, considerate, talented, generous, smart etc etc. I am SO proud of him as he has pulled himself up and away from bad behaviours and a bad crowd and achieved a lot in the last five years or so. WTF is UP with throwing away four years for ... what?

Ack.

In the meantime, bloody RSVP dating has put me in the bloody sh*t. I am a multi-tasker and I am also unable to make decisions about men ... and suddenly I find myself, well, I need to make a decision. I have been dating two great guys for ... well, about two months I guess. On and off and only recently on a regular basis. It's crunch time as I cannot continue! They are both wanting to take things to the next level! When it rains it freakin' pours eh. I just don't knoooow.

Argh. I will have to readdress this subject in another post because I'm far too aerated after thinking about my brother and his bitch-face-stupid-cow ex.

1 comment:

Fifi said...

Sorry to hear about your job, that sucks. Hope you find something really soon.

Hehe you're a 'man juggler' LOL!