Monday 2 February 2009

New Discovery

On Saturday morning my physio appointment conflicted with pretty much every gym class, Bikram class I could do - they were either going to cut across it or leave me with only half an hour to get home, change and get to the physio and not really enough time to cool down so that I wasn't sweaty etc. I HAD thought about going for a run, but thought I'd better wait and see what torturer-physio had to say. So I slept in (until 7am - record for me!), stripped the bed, washed the sheets, hung them on the line, did more washing, cleaning and watched some Dr Who. Walked over to the physio for another torture session, which involved him apologising after noticing the bruises his last few treatments have left. Ouchy.

After that I faffed about a bit more, freaked out slightly after a friend of mine invited herself to another friend of mine's birthday do ... not realising that the friend whose b'day it was didn't like her, so I had to figure out a way to tell her she wasn't invited. Basically, she asked me if I wanted to catch up on Saturday night and I said I couldn't as I was going out with J for her b'day (with a group of others) and she said "oh, so what time's that" and then "oh, and where are we meeting". These two girls ... well, women, have met before and are not friends, but I think my friend just wanted to go out so desperately that it didn't matter who with. Sooo, I could have told her she simply wasn't really invited, but instead I said we'd booked a table at a restaurant and it was booked out. I'm quite sure she didn't believe me, because 99% of restaurants can always make room for one more. But argh, stuff happens right?

THEN I made a brilliant discovery. Went to the gym at 12pm and - it was DEAD quiet! Everyone was probably at the beach or out doing stuff, leaving the gym free to roam around at my leisure instead of eyeing off the availability of rowing machines while I'm on the bike/treadmill/X-trainer. And the weights room was full of harmless, nice dad-looking men who didn't feel the need to look me up and down OR take up several work stations at once. No! I felt quite comfortable doing my little upper body workout ... well, 20 mins of biceps, triceps, back and shoulders anyway.

So, forget about mornings or afternoons - on the weekend it's all about the middle of the day. PLUS I got to hang out in the air con - always a bonus.

Sunday didn't manage to factor much exercise in besides walking from our hotel in the city to Darling Harbour for breakfast, then a swim at a friend's place, plus walking around the city with my bag after lunch/swim etc. Eating wasn't terrible ... wasn't fabulous either and had about six glasses of wine over the weekend all up I think. No booze this week! Bikram this arvo (eeek!), then tomorrow is pump then a swim, Wednesday cardio + pump, Thursday Bikram + Pump and Friday ... um, we shall see how we're going by then. During the week going to do some little 20 minute runs to gauge how the ol' back is going and if all is good then will do good 10km on Saturday morning at whatever pace is required. Then will hit the gym at lunchtime!

No comments: