Thursday 5 February 2009

Another cranky, ranty blog - beware!

I am so p*ssed off right now. Just had one of those wonderful "team" meetings where you all sit around and talk about various crap that everyone already knows about. Usually, they're nothing and I spend the time trying not to fall asleep. Nope! Not today. Today seemed to be a chance for my inexperienced and generally limp-wristed boss to take potshots at everyone, and yep - I was lined up for a nice hot shot.

Am I a slacker? Am I bad at my job? Nope. In fact on many previous occasions he has a) begged me not to leave to another department within the company (didn't like that manager so didn't need much convincing); and b) said that I am one of the people who holds the department together and that when I'm on shift he knows everything will be alright. So why am I so angry? We work 10-hour shifts, which is a bloody long time let me tell you, and we get an hour break. Because of the way I like to structure my day/myself I generally opt to simply take a 15 minute break and leave 45 minutes early so I can get to various things (gym, running, beat the traffic).

In today's meeting my manager says that he's really "disappointed" by people not taking breaks, and that it's not cool or healthy (like HE would know the fat bastard) to sit at your desk for 9 hours with no break) and then leave at 3pm. I was the only person in the room who starts early enough to finish at 3pm (my shift starts at 6am), so it was clearly a thinly-veiled attack on me! In front of everyone, he didn't even have the decency or guts to approach me on this issue individually.

So, that's it. From now on I'm going to take that hour break PLUS go out every two hours - like the smokers do - for 10 minutes. I'll toe the line, while looking for another fabulous job!

Douchebag!

No comments: