Friday 27 February 2009

Friday ... thank god

Woke up very, very tired this morning. Last month at work has been extremely busy, lots of training and not enough sleep for one reason or another. Anyhoo, had weigh in and check in with the nutritionist and was 2kg down since Monday two weeks ago. Whoo hoo. And have lost 7cm off my waist in the last six weeks or so - down to 70cm (which is good for me). Afterwards on my super sneaky backstreets shortcut to the gym, naturally, took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up spending an extra 20 minutes trying to get to the gym. Was in plenty of time, however, to get to Pump where I had to laugh when the instructor was a lady who used to instruct me at my first Sydney gym! It was a big reunion, and I was naturally THRILLED when she remarked on how much weight I've lost since then ... although was a little embarrassed because she said it rather loudly, and could just feel the eyes of the other women in the class on me, thinking "sheesh, she could lose another 20kg" ... or at least 15kg. Argh, paranoia city.

Anyhoo, rest of the day has been spent feeling v. tired, doing washing, attempting to go shopping for outfit for tomorrow evening drinks with friends but ended up buying (OMG I'm old) a new iron, ironing board cover and handful of undies. Oh dear. Oh well. Figured I have quite enough clothes really ... although, what is wrong with me, Shoobiz is being closed down - Australia-wide - and all shoes were 50% off. Do you think I could find some I really liked?? No. And yeah, I looked good and hard ... but they all just looked so blah, and I just can't handle blah shoes anymore.

What other news?? Hmm. Bridesmaid gig is getting more insane by the day ... cannot face the colour scheme, cannot face the dress, do not want to drive five hours into the country and be partnered in the bridal party by some guy I went on a blind date with over two years ago. Boo hoo. Must remember to take a personal stash of booze! Because they are bound to run out.

Tomorrow is 12km run, looking forward to it! Although must attempt to get more sleep ... weather in Sydney is quite good for sleeping, very mild and not too sunny. Mmmm, sleep.

No comments: