Monday 5 October 2009

Long weekend action

Toot, toot what a crazy busy and wonderful long weekend. Great mix of all the good things in life.

Started the action on Friday with a fantastic facial, including some micro-dermabrasion or something like that and an oxygen facial. Not as relaxing as most facials, but seems to have perked my skin up a bit. I was looking a bit tired and worn out after some weirdly sleepless nights ... no trouble falling asleep, but had some ve-ry weird dreams (horrible ones about my family members) which I attribute mainly to stress and worrying about my brother who is away with the Army at the moment, my dad who is doing OK post a double hip replacement, and my mum who is just not handling these things well right now. Ahhh well. I'm just trying to keep them all happy and positive.

Had to buy a new hairdryer on Friday too as mine CAUGHT FIRE while I was using it. Well, there weren't flames, but there was a lot of smoke and a red glow coming from its insides. Eeek. Quickly turned it off at the powerpoint and had to carry it out to the balcony, putting smoke through the house, in my UNDERWEAR. Oh well, it was quite early so hopefully the neighbours were too busy getting ready for work etc to notice. Ridiculous shopping trip with cranky saleswoman trying to get me to buy the most expensive models despite me assuring her that yes, I will use it pretty much every day but do not want to spend $100 on something I could break and drop at any time. Also, do not care about ionic whatsermercall it, just want it to dry my hair. Anyhoo, reminded me of why I stopped going to Myer. Rude cow rolling her eyes at my clear stupidity for not forking out $100 for a superior hairdryer. Blah.

Saturday morning myself and some fellow CanToo diehards braved the rain and went for a trail run. It was just fantastic, we took it at a really easy pace (for me anyway) for most of the way out and just enjoyed the gorgeous scenery of the Lane Cove National Park. We ran about 4km into the park before we were thwarted by a swollen stream ... twice! Ran back and did some extra loops of the oval before heading to our traditional Saturday morning cafe for coffee and about two hours of chat. It was great. Took myself off to Bikram for Day 3 of the challenge and felt very proud to tick off three classes in three days (in a row)! Never before achieved this. It's strange the early changes in my body ... just noticed tiny differences around my knee/lower thigh, more defined calves and forearms. And paaaain. Quads and stomach are sooo sore, and wrists also ... but all this should improve quite quickly I believe.

Huuuge night on Saturday where I undid a lot of my good work, although not so much as while it involved about 3 glasses of wine, four beers and three shots it also involved nice Thai stir fry with lots of veggies and about six hours of intense dancing! Sweated up a storm, but man it was fun. Was a late night, not helped by daylight savings kicking in at 2am ... meant I got home at 5am instead of 4am. Still ridiculously late for me! So Sunday was naturally very quiet. Watched some TV, cleaned a bit, made some meatpies (made a big bloody mess too) and watched The Sound of Music. Find it all so sugary sweet romantic, but for some reason it's the looming threat of the Nazis taking over Austria that makes it so fascinating for me. The knowledge of how Austria was about to change and the horrors the world was about to see, and how this contrasts against the sweet innocence of Maria and the kiddies ... ahh, it makes me sad! But happy at the same time ... oh, and of course I want to learn to sing and meet a strikingly handsome former Naval Captain. Whoot!

Today I managed a Bikram session, a quick lunch with some friends and have spent the remainder of the day getting ready for the first day of my new job.

I feel SO blessed by my new job opportunity. It will be a fantastic new challenge, and there is so much potential for promotion in the company it's just so EXCITING ... two years from now, who knows where I could be. Hell, six MONTHS from now. No more shift work, no more working on weekends, no more working on public holidays. I won't know what to do with myself! Ha ha, except go to the gym/Bikram/running of course.

1 comment:

Fifi said...

OMG I have had same thing happen with my hairdryer! Scared the crap out of me!

You sound SO excited about the new job! Excellent :o)