Sunday 30 November 2008

The End is Nigh

Quite sad ... only three days of my holiday to go. Back in Sydney town after the best part of three weeks in dear on JB, now have three days to get some home stuff done. Really want to overhaul the flat ... well, go through my junk and chuck a good amount out and reorganise. And we're talking super me-esque organisation, whoo hoo.

The time at home with the ol' folks was brilliant ... a touch draining because of their bickering (they really ARE like children sometimes), and I sort of felt like I had to be on my best behaviour at all times ... but that's parents for you. So, that aside it was brilliant. Did about 80km of running, which was good! Got to the local gym once for a Pump class and it was good ... but kinda weird, because there was some girl behind me who was, like, SUPER pumped and in pretty much every track she would get to a tough point and go "whoooooooo hooooooooo" or "yeeeeehaaaa" at the top of her voice. Plus she was very vocal in terms of grunting/straining. Was a touch off-putting ... not least because I had trouble not laughing.

Best day was my second-last morning there ... saw sun outside so basically ran down to the beach, having learnt to make the most of ANY sun. It was only 8.30am and there wasn't another soul on the beach, there were not one but TWO pods of dolphins swimming up and down the bay/beach though. It was soooo amazing. Just me and the morning sun, watching dolphins. Damn spesh :)

Saturday night had the wedding of a good friend of mine. The less said about it the better. Have NO idea what the hell got into me ... but I went a bit mad. Drank waaaay too much ... which probably means six glasses of wine, which is four more than I needed. Argh. Nevermind ... these things happen right. And someone has to be the drunk girl! Thankfully do not remember good parts of it. Had super-big fight with D though ... but have NO idea what the hell about. Pissed idiot. Anyhoo, must try to move on from that.

Onto more positive news. Went to my nutritionist this morning ... had only lost 1kg on the scales (hate bloody scales) BUT have lost 5cm off my waist!!! Frankly, I've never put too much stock in the scales ... surely it's better to lose cm, indicating that I'm toning up, than just kgs? I mean, I'm aiming to lose about 8kg more and surely it's better if it comes of super slowly ... will make it easier to keep it off and maintain good habits.

Food has really been quite good. All very, very healthy and low GI stuff with lots of fresh fruit, vegetables and lean meat/chicken/fish. Must stick to this sort of thing moving forward ... no excuses! It's just organisation. Mum goes shopping every two days to pick up extra bits, fresh veg and meat. Really, with huge supermarket/shopping centre just a five minute walk away I really have no excuse. Am going to work on some food plans later today once washing and cleaning is a bit more under control ... today lunch is salad with corned beef slices. Dinner will be turkey sausages with sweet potato mash and salad. Will pop over to the supermarket later to get some muesli and extra fruit and stuff. Oh, and maybe spend some of my birthday gift vouchers.

Only slightly not so good thing about my check with the nutritionist is that she is worried about my IBS issues and thinks it may be something other than IBS causing some of my symptoms. So about to head off to the doctor to get a referral to a gastroenterologist to get things checked. Will doubtless mean having a procedure or two - eeeeeek - but probably better to at least get it checked to get some peace of mind. And at least find out if there IS a problem.

Oh, the joys.

Holy crap btw, it's the 1st of December ... 24 days to Christmas. Better do some shopping.

No comments: