Thursday 13 November 2008

Serious Countdown

Whoooo hoooooo! Counting down on my last day of work before TWO WEEKS holiday. Yippeeeee. I never thought I'd get here. Seriously. Last week I thought I would go mad, quit work, leave Sydney and go live in a hippie commune. Thankfully sanity prevailed ... and I just took it one day at a time, and now here I am.

Last night I joined some of my wonderful Can Too people to watch two flicks at the Orpheum in Cremorne. One was about the Marathon de Sables (Marathon of the Sands) across the Sahara Desert, and the other called The Spirit of the Marathon, following six people (from beginner/social runner to Olympic level) on their journey to the Chicago Marathon. Seriously inspiring stuff. If you've ever wondered why people run 42.2km (in one go), watching this film or similar will explain why. It's different for every individual.

As for the Marathon de Sables. OMFG! Beautiful territory, beyond gruelling and exhausting race. I can only hope that one day I have the guts and determination to do something half as challenging. Don't think it will be running across the Sahara in 48C temps though!

Can I just say men are the most ridiculous creatures on the face of the earth. After months of careful relationship regeneration with Darren he's now gone completely ridiculous again. Suddenly can't decide if we want the same things, but when asked expressly what's he's talking about he cannot say ... just says he wants to be "happy" and right now he's not "happy" all the time. Seriously, the man needs to take some bloody responsibility for his OWN happiness! Right now he's all down on himself because he's carrying a little weight around his stomach. Now, the guy is a fit bugger and has toned legs, arms, butt and chest and a teeeeeeny paunch as you'd expect from a 38-year-old. Who I am, however, to criticise someone's body-image/acceptance though. So, I told him I wouldn't even notice it if he didn't keep lifting his shirt and pointing it out to me ... AND if it bothers him so much to stop eating chilli Kettle chips every day along with the three or four beers? Heh, didn't say last bit however as would give him free rein to point out that if I stopped eating chocolate, bread, pasta etc (none of which I eat in large amounts) I would lose that extra flubber.

Anyway, almost every time I talk to him about this he changes his mind about what he wants, whether or not he's happy etc. Blaaah. So holiday is well timed. Do not have to see him for two weeks and am going to cut off all contact, at the end of that two weeks we should both have an idea of "what we want". Hmm, more on this later.

In other news, just ate half of a ridiculously delicious blueberry muffin. Dang!

No comments: