Saturday 23 May 2009

Post-Mara Blue-ishness

I always find it so hard the week after a race. You know, what're my goals what am I doing etc etc. It didn't help this week that due to my super-tight hamstrings that no amount of stretching seemed to ease, my back went out. Not completely, nothing compared to earlier in the year. I was walking up to Bikram and dropped my drink bottle, which then started rolling down the hill. Eek! I quickly ran down to it, bent down to pick it up and stood up quickly and "pang" I felt something catch.

I spent the next two days doing extra core work, no weights and no running. Poooo. So hard after months and months of serious training. Blah. I am finally back to normal spine-pain wise, so plan on heading to the gym a bit later today for some basic cardio stuff and to do some basic upper-body work. Tomorrow will attempt Bikram again and hopefully by Monday I can get back to normal.

Planning on doing the Gold Coast half in July, so I'd better get myself sorted physically asap so I can get focused on that.

Feeling utterly gross from lack of high heart race exercise and weights, but confident the feeling will go soon. Work has been hellish this week, I have no idea how I am going to get through the next few weeks ... covering State of Origin, Twenty20 World Cup, Tour de France all before the Ashes smashes me until September. Note to self: I can do it!

RSVP date central this week. Tues had dinner with one guy. He was really nice! But OMG he was soooo nervous, tee hee. Think I will see him again. He's VERY Italian, but still nice. Wed had dinner with the guy I had coffee with and it was friggin' awful, he said NOTHING unless I asked him questions and to elaborate. No conversation flowing, just me talking rubbish. Only thing he managed was some icky sexual innuendos that were highly inappropriate and unnecessary. He wants to have dinner tonight - nah uh. Had a drink on Thursday with a guy who is, like, my male equivalent. Firstly he LIED about his height, said he was 5'7" and he was MY height when I was wearing 2 inch heels. But he runs and does Bikram too. He, however, has no balance. Doesn't drink much, go out much or do anything but exercise really. Will think about seeing him again. To be honest I felt like a big blimp walking next to him so, hmm, maybe not.

Have range of highly inappropriate men contacting me. Seriously, why would I want to go out with a 47 year old with a 22 year old son? The son is closer in age to me! And have had a 24 year old and 25 year old contact me. OMG, do not want to be a babysitter. My friend, who is my age - 30 - is going out with a 27 year old guy and has enough problems with that gap. Mind you, they get along great ... but every now and then his immaturity and inexperience in relationships becomes a problem.

Anyhoo, crappy wet, windy and cold weather this weekend so I am doing serious cleaning and sorting of clothes. Still haven't thrown out enough pairs of jeans to warrant buying a new pair ... own something like 9 pairs now, but really only 2 pairs are suitable AND fit, all the others are too big and one pair is a teeny bit too small and very light denim so really more suited to summer stuff.

Anyway, I'm soldiering on 'cause that's what I do.

1 comment:

Fifi said...

haha...oh god I can relate to the height thing. I went out with so many guys who said they were 5'11 but they were NOT. They just think if you are shorter than them you won't notice. I always knew and I'd ask them about it!!

Italian guy sounds sleazy. :oS

Hope your back is on the mend.