Sunday 10 May 2009

I survived

'Touch wood' I haven't come down with anything yet. Could not sleep on Friday night, despite being absolutely exhausted, because of stomach pain/fever etc, which made running 11km on Saturday a bit of a challenge. But I still managed to shave a clean minute off my time to finish 11km in 59mins, which is pretty much bang on the time I want to do the half-mara in. It hurt though, but think that was more due to the week's activities (and Friday's Pump) than anything else.

Rushed home after running for a super quick shower, clothing decision, hair dry, make-up application for my first RSVP date! Yay! It was awesome. We met at 11am, had two coffees (well, coffee for him and peppermint tea for me - stomach wasn't so hot) and talked and talked and talked. When I looked at my watch it was 1.30pm! Oops. Two and a half hours of chatter, no wonder I was feeling a bit tired. He had to go and I had to go to the beauticians to start my laser hair removal treatment, obviously did not tell HIM that bit. Sooo, we shall see I guess? Was incredibly nerve wracking, but surely will only get better?

Laser hair treatment ROCKS, faster than waxing, less mess and should last longer too. Not nearly as painful, although didn't feel THAT great. Was more like a little sting that the sudden rriiiiip of waxing.

After that just caught up with some work colleagues who I've known for nine years (!!!) and we talked about when we worked together back in 2000/2001 and the stupid things politicians did.

Managed a very light 5km run this morning, where I took it very easy (30mins) to try and work out the soreness in my legs and back. Wasn't TOO successful, but at least I feel like I've done something. Otherwise I am doing washing like a demon, cleaning and NOT looking forward to work tomorrow. Where does the weekend go? Boooo.

2 comments:

Fifi said...

OMG date!!! Yay!. Two hours of chatter is GOOOOOD. Any sign of second date??

Pitchies said...

You betcha! He actually wanted a second date that night, but I already had plans and naturally I do want to play a teeny bit hard to get.