Tuesday 22 June 2010

Progress?

Well, the scales are still wacked out ... but for now they're heading in the right direction so, yay.

Have maintained good behaviour for a week! That is a serious break-through. No biscuits at work and all healthy lunches. My new favourite lunch is a small salad from Iku of steamed veggies (mainly zucchini, brocoli, carrot, beans - no carbs) and some steamed purple cabbage and beet salad with a teeny bit of tahini and garlic/herb dressing, plus five or so 9-grain vitawheats with either chicken, tuna or Laughing Cow cheese. Perfect!

Feeling good, like things are heading in the right direction. Have regained some semblance of focus, which is great.

Exercise over the last week or so:

Last Tuesday - pump/combat double
Wednesday - 6.5km run
Thursday - nothing
Friday - rest!
Saturday - 8km run plus 15km hiking with 10kg pack
Sunday - 15km hiking with 10kg pack (was an overnight hike)
Monday - rest, thank god
Tuesday (today) - pump/combat double

Tomorrow is 7km running - 2km warm-up plus 5km time trial - aiming for under 28 mins

Thursday - yet to be determined
Friday will definitely be a rest day, as Saturday running 10km and then on Sunday going for around 18/20km (or two hours).

I am finding myself back in the good habit, that I find works best for myself, which is to simply say "no" when I am considering bad stuff like biscuits at work. Have had a few low-fat hot chocolates, plus some soy mochas but really, that's it.

So, I'm happy so far. Trick is, as ever, to maintain it. But I am the 80/20 girl, I believe in five days of crystal clear good behaviour, plus two days where I can take it a bit easy. Maybe go to dinner/lunch etc and have a few drinkies.

Scales are in good territory now, will see if they can stay there. Must do measurements!

No comments: