Thursday 10 June 2010

A new class and OUCH

Oh boy, my abs are killing me. In that SERIOUS way where it hurts to laugh, cough, sneeze, yawn, stretch and ... yeah, everything hurts. What've I done? I did the Body Core class at Fitness First. Holy moly. At the time I definitely felt like it was working, although to be honest I found myself so frustrated through-out most of the class at my lack of balance and general core strength that I was too busy hacking on myself (mentally, not literally) that I managed to ignore most of the pain.

I will DEFINITELY be putting this one into the weekly rotation though, I think it will do me wonders combined with everything else.

So, since last Saturday here's what I've done:
Sat: run 16km
Sun: body attack class
Mon: whoot, a movie! And nothing else as I was SICK
Tues: body combat
Wed: Core
Thur: Pump

Tomorrow I won't be able to squeeze a class or run in as I have to get to work early so that I may leave SUPER early to get myself to the airport on time.

I have decided to have a break weekend from serious exercise. Since I am having a break from Sydney, I thought it was a good time to have a break from running/gym etc. And I will be in Wagga without my beloved car so I imagine there will be some walking done.

From Monday, however, it's back on the serious straight and narrow for three months. I am tossing up trying Michelle Bridges' 12 week challenge or whatever it's called, it's not a huge spend and - who knows - I might pick up some tips or, if nothing else, some motivation.

Did an incredibly stupid thing yesterday and today, although it's partially not my fault as I did not have much of an option. I wore two skirts that were really a teeny bit too small right now. Not catastrophically tight, nothing split or anything, but I just felt horrible, uncomfortable and, well, fat. It kind of made me miserable but I'm determined now to turn that feeling into a positive by making it my motivation to stay on course next week.

Seriously, a month of good behaviour and I will be heading in the right direction, I really think I just need to clear my head out of the city with some good friends and I will feel much better.

Oh, and sleep is important too ... so, goodnight!

No comments: