Monday 10 August 2009

I'm back

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth! I have crossed the dateline twice though on my trip to Hawaii. Which was ... mixed. I will report back about that later.

I managed to gain about 2kg in 8 days due to dodgy eating and probably moreso drinking practically every day. Some days one beer, some days several cocktails (too many!). Ahhh, but I enjoyed it all.

Now, back to reality! Skinny jeans still fit JUST, but would not wear them just yet. Time for two weeks of serious hardcore clean eating and exercising. Arrived home at 9.10pm last night, in bed by 10.30pm and woke up at 6am this morning to hit the gym. Today's challenge is to stay awake (hello, coffee run approaching), get some food in the fridge (emptied it out before I left) and find a place to put all my new-found goodies!

Did some AMAZING and gorgeous runs over there, including Diamond Head in Waikiki. It's a volcano crater that has a track up - winding around it a bit - 11km up. I didn't quite run all the way to the top ... only because there was a group of army boys (US army that is) doing some sort of training that looked evil. Running up and down from the summit to near where I was (at a lookout) with what looked like very heavy packs. But I think I got about 3/4 of the way up. A good 90minute run, with about 30mins of that UP this serious mountain/volcano. Man, it hurt BAD. And strained my calf in the process so for the next two days was grimacing a bit. But I did it!

Was sooo lovely to be hot and sweaty again, without having to go to the Bikram studio! Can't wait for summer. Today is a rude shock - it's currently 5C where I live. Winter woolies and uggies ahoy! Brrrr.

Anyway, just wanted to log a bit of a 'commitment' to healthy eating. The food was dreadful, very high GI so found myself eating high calorie meals that burnt up very quickly and left me hungry two hours later. Need lots of veg, salad, fruit and lean fish/meat. No more pineapple. Urgh, ate enough to cover about 10 Hawaiian pizzas. So different over there! So much sweeter.

Gotta get out running this arvo - have new running shoes! So long as it doesn't rain it will all be good.

No comments: