Friday 1 January 2010

Happy New Year!

I have waved goodbye to a very challenging year and welcomed in a fresh new one from Cockatoo Island in Sydney Harbour. It was an awesome evening. Didn't drink too much, just a moderate amount. Camped out under the stars, which was just lovely - mild night, light breeze to keep the air fresh. I decided to just sleep on a yoga mat, as it was easier to carry than an air mattress or similar. Wish I'd taken a better pillow though, just used a fleece top which didn't really do much. Means today is pretty much a write off as my neck is soooo unbelievably sore and I'm so tired from no sleep. I did a 1.8km swim yesterday morning though, and have done a fair bit of walking today so it's not so bad.

Christmas with the family was fantastic. Naturally we all ate far too much food, but it was good and Christmas only comes once a year ... thank god!

I am trying not to be disappointed with myself at the moment. I'm starting the year off pretty much where I was at the beginning of 2009, about 5kg heavier than where I want to be! I feel like I should give myself a break though because I'm still struggling to develop a functional routine around my new work hours AND get used to my new job. I haven't been going too crazy, but I think I'm just the type of person who cannot afford to slack off at all. I just need to get back to much lighter eating.

I initially freaked out a bit and started looking at detox diets, nothing too crazy, and diet plans etc but then I realised I know this stuff! I know what I'm doing wrong/right etc and all I need is a bit of extra planning, motivation and focus.

Main focus is to have a "good month". Just one month of eating right, getting MUCH more sleep, more regular exercise and especially need to get back to the gym.

Speaking of sleep... it's time for an early night.

No comments: