Friday 19 June 2009

Serious Running Post

About time too, otherwise this blog's name is completely pointless.

Wednesday was the first proper training session for CanToo. I've signed up to do the Blackmores Half-Marathon in September and this is THE race. I am going for 1hr55min and I am going to get it! I am not being unrealistic, I really think I can do it. In the SMH half I really was on the pace until 15/16km and it was the dodging and weaving that got to me - I lost my rhythm. This race has far less competitors, because there's also a marathon and 10km event (last year 9km) and it's not a two-loop course.

So Wednesday, man I felt like rubbish! I just felt really out of sorts - I had a weird nervous energy and when I say why you will laugh. This guy has joined our group who I have SEEN ON RSVP. I have not contacted him or received contact or anything, just seen his profile - and I know he's seen mine as he appeared in my "those who have viewed your profile" list! Argh. Ha ha. Anyway, we didn't have that 'moment of recognition' or anything but it will surely come eventually! Watch this space!

We did a quick 1km warm-up and then 3x1000m sets, I went way too friggin' hard. First 1km in 5.20min and that was ONLY because at about 700m I realised I was going to finish in under 5min if I didn't slow down, and the idea is to finish each set in less time than the previous one so I wanted to have some room for improvement. Next one was 5.05min and the last one 4.35min. Ack, I cannot keep this up. But it felt good to be able to do it, but my running form was not excellent. I must work on this! Need to get some extra core work happening. But really, I just need to calm down a bit.

Tomorrow morning we're doing 8km, which is obviously not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things (considering I did 18km last week). Plan to head to Pump at about 10.30am, which I am really loving at the moment - instructors are mixing up the tracks, which I loooove as they bring back old favourites and take requests! Hurrah.

Then having lunch with weekend RSVP date one. I usually hate to eat on dates, because it locks me in to being "there" or on the date for a certain amount of time. Generally I would prefer to have a drink, because that way you can extend it to a meal if you feel like it. This guy, however, seems like a real down-to-earth bloke and I am reaaally looking forward to meeting him.

Hopefully will leave me enough time to rush home, get changed and go to meet friends ahead of the Simon & Garfunkle concert, which I'm seeing with my little bro and a HOT mate of his. Seriously hot mate, a bit young though ... and I would never touch my brother's mates because things would just get weird, but it's nice to think about!

Sunday going for a long run with some of the girls doing the Gold Coast half in two weeks, probably around 18km or maybe 16km.

Then having lunch with weekend RSVP date two. I am kinda mixed on this guy. He seems really nice, friendly, easy going etc and funny, which I like a lot, but he lives about an hour away which might not work as I do not have a lot of spare time to be driving to see him. But he's coming to meet me, which is a good sign. I did offer to meet him halfway! Also mixed because on his profile he says he's "athletic" but he doesn't seem to actually do much exercise, and his pics give me the impression that he was once athletic and he's kinda softened around the edges.

This, actually, is one of the things that pisses me off about RSVP. People misuse the body type description. I put myself as average because I'm not slim, I'm not "a bit overweight" and I'm not really athletic. When I think of an athletic woman I think of someone with a more more muscular figure than mine, I still have soft bits (ie: butt, boobs and thighs). None of which are huge, but they're there. A friend of mine, however, who is really quite overweight (she's 100kg+) puts herself as "average". So who's in the right.

It's much worse with guys though. Most of them say they're athletic or average, and a lot of the ones who say they're athletic are average and those who say they're average should be up one class! Ha ha.

Oh well, what to do? Am I athletic??

Have finally kicked the "I feel fat" blues. Almost anyway. Today I felt great as I put on my "test" jeans and, hurray, they were kinda loose and they looked ... well, quite good actually. Since my Melbourne/Geelong splurge I have been working really hard and have been really careful with what I've been eating. Obviously I have dropped 5kg in two weeks, but it's working! Which is great ahead of two "possibly/maybe" weekend dates.

Will report back with date goss on Monday. Or Sunday! We shall see.

1 comment:

Fifi said...

ok...waiting for gos'...LOL